Would you like LiveWebDJ to tweet the name of every song and include a link to your station's website to your Twitter account?
Here's an example Tweet:
#NowPlaying Rob Zombie - Dragula :: Tune In: suckerpunchradio.com
You can either have LiveWebDJ tweet song titles to your station's main Twitter account, or you can create an additional Twitter account separately for song titles.
- Sign into the 'Twitter Developers' site using your Twitter login details, you're going to create your own app that LiveWebDJ will interact with. Don't worry this is easy, we'll walk you right through this!
Twitter Developer Site:
- In the top menu, click "Apply", then click "Apply for a developer account". Select "Hobbyist", then select "Making a bot". Then click "Get Started". Follow the application process. Once your application is submitted, you will need to wait until Twitter approves your application. Then, at that time, you can proceed with step 3 below.
- Login to the Twitter Developer site at:
- Goto Projects & Apps - Overview.
- Under "Standalone Apps" click on "Create App".
- Type in a unique name for your app. You can call it whatever you'd like, as long as it's not taken. For example you could call it "XYZ Radio NowPlaying App". Then click Next.
- Twitter will now display the API Key, API Key Secret and Bearer Tokens for your app. You will need to save these on your computer somewhere safe, and these will later be needed for LiveWebDJ twitter integration.
- From the left hand menu, under the "Projects & Apps" heading, click on your new app's name.
- Now we need to enable write access. Scroll down to the "App permissions" heading and click on the "Edit" button. Select the "Read and Write" option, then click the "Save" button.
- Now we need to create two last codes. At the top of the page, under your app's name, click on "Keys and tokens".
- Within the "Access Token and Secret" section, click on "Generate".
- Twitter will now display all the codes associated with your new app. Scroll down and then save the Access Token and Access Token Secret codes somewhere safe. Click on the "Yes, I saved them" button to continue.
- Congratulations, your very own Twitter app is now created. This final step will get your LiveWebDJ account configured to interact with your new Twitter app.
- Login to your LiveWebDJ account.
- Click on 'Settings'. Then click on 'Twitter Integration'.
- Refer back to your saved Twitter App codes, and copy & paste the following information in the LiveWebDJ window/tab:
- API Key Code
- API Key Secret Code
- Access Token Code
- Access Token Secret Code
- Change the 'Twitter Integration' setting to 'Enabled'.
Once you have completed all steps above, please allow up to 5 minutes for LiveWebDJ to start sending tweets! If after 10 minutes LiveWebDJ has not started tweeting your station's song titles:
- Verify that the codes in Step 6 have been copied correctly into the LiveWebDJ 'Twitter Integration' settings page and that the codes are complete. Please note these codes are case sensitive.
- If the codes are correct, make sure that you have the 'Twitter Integration' setting enabled within LiveWebDJ.
- If LiveWebDJ still is not tweeting, please Submit A Ticket and we will assist you. As always, we're glad to help.